Saturday, September 10, 2011

Adele 8/21/11

I know I'm a bit late on this post but I can't just forget telling you all about the BEST concert I've been to. I know I said that when I saw Lady Gaga this past March BUT seeing Adele so close (2ND row with her 20 feet in front of us) in such a small venue and the stage right there was amazing. I have chills every time I think and remember that night. My mom and I got tickets last month for her rescheduled concert that she had to cancel earlier this year. My mom's co-worker Cami and her husband got tickets with us but her husband backed out at last minute so we had an extra ticket. My 17 year old cousin Kelsy who happens to share our love for Adele came with us.

We arrived there at the Gallivan Center at 1230 PM...it was general admission and gates opened at 6 PM. We were 15Th person in line. It was actually fun to chat with others, play on our phones, listen to Adele songs, look at the tour buses. It was coming upon 6 PM and it was a mad house, people running to get right in front of the stage. My cousin and I ended up being second row in the mosh pit right in front! My mom and Cami wanted to be on the grass which was 20 feet behind us and they were right in front in the grass which was great! Opening act was some lady I had never heard of, Wanda Jackson. When she came out on stage I was laughing....WOW this 90 year old lady is the opening act?! It was pretty funny!





Then Adele came out and performed for an hour and half. It was AMAZING! She was so cute and so sweet chatting with the crowd and seemed to be very comfortable. Yes I did cry a couple times but I didn't feel bad cuz I looked over to see Kelsy crying too. HA We sang along to every song, cried, laughed...simply epic.





No comments: