Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Part 2 Boston




On Sunday we got up and made our way over to Boston, just Gen and I today since her husband KC had alot of homework he needed to do. (well that's what he said....I think he needed a break from me!) HA We drove to Boston, then Gen and I then took the T line, their subway, to Fenway Park. I loved riding this more than the NY subway, much cleaner, hearing the "Boston" accent and wow was this crowded. I have never been around this close to soooo many people. Good thing I'm not claustrophobic. We finally made our way there at the top of the 3rd inning, got some beer and some Fenway franks...which are not as good as my Dodgers dogs. This park was very interesting, everyone just crowded in and not very big at all, we enjoyed some great hits, peanuts, cotton candy, watching Gen's Big Papi, the hot catcher on the Red Sox, great weather and got some great Red Sox souvenirs. I loved it!
















We then got back on the T and it was just as crowded as going to the game...now everyone was going to the Celtics game that was that night. We went to Quincy Market, did some shopping, watching some street performers, more people watching.





Walked along the harbor there. That was so beautiful, the sky, clouds, water, everything was just magical! I was amazed as to all the tourists we so there too. We would walk by a group of people and each time I noticed each were speaking a different languages.



This place was pretty AMAZING!!!
















We went back to Quincy Market for dinner, we decided to go to this place called Dick's. The name of the restaurant is so perfect, they totally are dicks! We decided to sit outside for dinner. The waiter actual wasn't that bad, he was teasing me asking me if I went to BYU after he saw my ID was from Utah....as I'm drinking my yummy alcoholic drink! Another thing at the place they do, is place these paper hats on the costumers with not-so-nice things on them. Our waiter then came over and placed Gen 's hat on her, I was laughing so hard and then took her pic so she could see what is said:





He then gave me my hat:





The best part, since we were eating outside people were walking by and looking at our hats. This older guy totally got in me face, reading it aloud and laughing hysterical "MAYOR OF SKANKVILLE!! HAHAHA"






After dinner we then walked over to see the TD Garden where the Celtics play at and saw that awesome bridge next to it. I really loved Boston also! I wouldn't mind living there...hint hint Vickers ;)





We then made our way back to Gen's place, did some more talking, laughing, reminiscing. Seriously, I felt so comfortable with my cousin, I swear I told her stuff that only a couple people know and I knew at this point that Gen is not just my cousin but I person I look up to, an older sister that I never had, a confidant, someone that I am lucky to have in my life. Love you Gen!!!





Next day: Rhode Island

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so glad you had fun and that you liked Boston too. That baseball game was a blast and so was our casual day in RI. I can't wait until our next trip!

PS - Again...your hair is fabulous! Seriously, rockin'!