Gen: Look at that one! So pretty!
Me: Wow that one is huge over there.
Gen: OHHHH look at this one!
Me: Ohhhh wowwww no this one is huge!
So funny! We drove to a fishing spot, got out...*sigh* it was breathtaking. Wow really this was so BEAUTIFUL! Gen and I just stood there on the rocks soaking it in, breathing in the fresh air....it was the BEST!!!
We then drove over to Fort Adams which was about the only historical thing I did on my vacation and that was enough for me. Come on people, me and history don't really go together! But it was really neat to see that old fort there, I really have never seen something that old before. Plus we were the only people there so it was kinda weird.
Rhode Island was gorgeous and I'm so happy I got to go there, hopefully that won't be my last time visiting that place.
We headed back to their place and stayed up chatting AGAIN, playing on our ipads, discussing baseball, then I told Gen we should totally recreate that picture we took when we were younger. Its one of my favorite pictures of all times. I was about 8 yrs old and Gen would have been 10.

Thanks KC for being my photographer and taking so many pics of Gen and I. You really are the best and I'm so glad I got a chance to really get to know you, I love you!
So the whole time on my vacation I kept telling Gen we needed to get our noses pierced, I had it done before when I turned 18 and only had it in for a few months. I've been wanting to get it done again and when I told Gen, I learned that she always had wanted to get hers done too. So the whole time we kept teasing KC that we were gonna get it pierced...well finally the day I was leaving we decided to get it done. (Thanks KC)
I love it! We look so hot!!!
We then headed to the airport, grabbed my luggage, gave Gen a hug goodbye, then I'm walking to check in my luggage crying. Let's just say this is where I become all emotional and just gets worse from here. I then learn that my flight to DC is being delayed so then the airline puts me on a flight to Chicago instead. Take Chicago to SLC. Well I'm on my flight to Chicago and we are caught in a horrible rain/thunder/lightning storm (I'm really surprised we weren't struck by lightning). Chicago airport is shut down so we make an emergency landing to Grand Rapids, MI. Well apparently this airport is very small and they did not have a gate big enough for our jet...so we just ended up just parked in the runway. 3 hrs later, we took off for Chicago. When I arrived there its 1am Chicago time, I talk with an agent and he says the next flight to SLC is 1230 the nexy day. I just started crying when he told me this...He then tells me they offer hotel at a discounted rate, I call, find out that they are all sold out. I'm just thinking there's no way I can stay at this airport for 12 hrs!! Finally I talk with the agent again and they put me on a earlier flight for 8am to Denver then to SLC. Wow that night was weird! I ended up walking thru most of that airport, which I swear is 2 miles long. Walking by several people passed out sleeping at benches, chairs, the floor. I found a place all tho myself to read, play game, cry, daydream...then I finally passed out for about an hr, clutching onto my purse the whole time. I woke up thanking god that no one stole my purse or ipad.
No comments:
Post a Comment