Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Lava Hot Springs

Mom, Janie, Leah, Victoria, Lori (Mom's friend) and I went to Lava Hot Springs, Idaho Sunday. We left Sunday afternoon in the snow! Once we got there we all went to a local restaurant for dinner...The Chuckwagon Restaurant. The food was so yummy and everything was homemade! I didn't realize that we would have so much fun over dinner! That's probably thanks to Leah cuz somehow GUM ended up in her hair!!! For some reason Leah thought I put it in her hair...we still don't know how it got in her hair. We ended up asking our waitress fro scissors and cut a piece of her hair out..


After dinner we went to the natural hot springs pools! That was so amazing and relaxing!!! It felt so good with the weather being so cold and the water so hot! One thing that did piss me off as that there were two babies in the pool. The worker said that the water in the pool that we were in was 102 degrees!!! Well these parents were too selfish and only thought about themselves and not even care that they're frying their kids brains! Janie was nice enough to watch Victoria while I went into the pool for 30 mins then I headed back our room. I suggest anyone that hasn't been there, totally needs to go!

Our motel room was nice, nothing fancy. But it did have a fridge, microwave and a gas fireplace. The best thing was that outside of our motel was the river.

Monday we woke up thinking what we should do...then we remembered how close we were to Fort Hall. Lori and I have never been there and Leah could gamble for the 1st time since there you only have to be 18 to gamble there (its on an Indian reservation). So next thing you know we're on our way there! Janie watched Victoria while all of us gambled a bit!!! It was so much fun! Seeing Leah gambling did make me feel old...my little sister is all grown up!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Leah gambling...that is insane! That makes me feel old! Did she win, cuz you guys all have the best luck..I swear.

The Queen and the Princess said...

Leah and I both lost $40 but we had fun!

Unknown said...

Oh that isn't bad, I always lose $40 when I go to Wendover. It's just a given.