Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

This Thanksgiving my mom decided she wasn't gonna cook anything and just RELAX for the first time! So Leah, Janie and I did all the cooking...most of you should know by now that I do not cook! I can tell ya'll that I didn't burn my house down and my dishes I made turned out great! I made a sweet potatoe pie, waldorf salad and the Johnson traditional dessert Cherry Mystery! The secret to making cherry mystery is that you have to burn it...and by accident I left in the oven for way too long (2 hrs) and it still turned out yummy! We all had a great Thanksgiving and my family is sooo grateful to have Victoria in our lives!!!!



The day after Thanksgiving known as Black Friday, is also a tradition that my sister and I do every year! We got up at 3:30 in the morning to get to Kohl's by 4am...that store was CRAZY! We stood in line for over 1 1/2 hrs but it was all worth it. We went to Wal Mart, Carter's, Old Navy (where I ran into my cousin Telsey) and Best Buy. I was too tired to do anymore shopping after that. I found some great sales and Victoria will have an awesome Christmas! My family has all agreed that the little one will be the main focus this Xmas! WE LOVE HER!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't tell me you like Cherry Mystery too? I should learn how to make it because it has to be at family events, but it tastes nasty. Maybe I will grow into it one year. Email me the recipe, and I'll give it a try.

And Telsey told me about running into you. How funny is that! Well, glad you had a good thanksgiving.