Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Monster Ball

My sister and I were blessed to see the Mother Monster in concert last Saturday at ESA. If you weren't there, wow you sure missed out. On our drive there we jammed to Gaga songs so excited to see our idol and wondering what to expect. Walking in we passed several little monsters wearing fabulous outfits.....latex bathing suits, six inch heels, mardi gras masks, caution tape as a bra, lots of glitter, boas, headdresses, lots of eyeshadow. And then there were the women.

Inside the nearly sold out concert, I felt an energy there that was amazing! Made you embrace the differences and similarities in everyone. Be proud who you are, you were born this way! She frequently stopped the show and talked with the crowd. She is just so real and honest. And wow can she put on a show, lots of different costume changes, great choreography. The show was compelling thematically. She sounded great singing live (not lip-synched at all) and felt alive.

After performing for early 90 minutes straight, she did two encores: Bad Romance and Born This Way, very last. Personally my favorite song, sends out such a great message!!

Here's a couple videos I took on my phone...enjoy!


2 comments:

ashdash said...

JEALOUS.

I should have splurged on the tickets and went and saw her. Eh. She'll be back right?

Unknown said...

I am still envious of you both! I bet it was extravagant. I can't wait to have you give me the full run down when you come out!

BTW - I totally laughed at the ..."and then there were the women" comment. I bet there was some insane stuff!!!