Monday, September 15, 2008

Baby Rocky

So last week Victoria had a follow-up appointment with her eye doctor, which he happens to be the best in Utah, to see how things are going with her poor eye. Most of you know by now that my sweet baby has a birthmark on her left eye...a hemangioma...which is a vascular malformation of the cells (tumor) around her eye. Thank goodness it causes her no pain!!! Janie went with me and we did learn alot at this appointment...that what we see under her eye is only the tip of the iceberg...1/3 of the hemangioma is under the eye and the rest is behind her eye! :( The doc says everything looks good and the reason it looks alot bigger is cuz its gonna keep getting bigger as she grows. So my baby Rocky will have this for awhile but it will go away eventually! Hopefully by the age of five or six.

Anyways, the doc scheduled an eye test for Victoria on the 24th of this month at the Moran Eye Center to see how her vision is and we'll go from there. If necessary the doc might have to do surgery just to minimize the hemangioma but it won't make it go away. It does get frustrating sometimes when the first thing people say when they see Victoria is..."Did she fall???" or "You're baby has a black eye!" Seriously Victoria is the most beautiful baby girl ever!!!

She loves playing with her Auntie!!!

8 comments:

Greedy Kristian said...

Thanks for the update. Little Dot is a doll. The black eye just makes her look tough!

The Norris Family said...

Hey- I think she is way cute, even with her birth mark it makes her who she is!!!!!!!! love ya !

Telsey said...

kristin totally hit it right on the dot. little dot is so freaking cute i can't stand it! and it totally makes her look tough. don't mess with little vicks!

Kylie said...

Good luck Becky! We all love Victoria. I know it's frustrating, but you are such a loving and kind mom! She's so lucky to have you!

The Norris Family said...

Hey thanks for commenting on the band I have video on the blog now with a different song and the song that you heard.

Unknown said...

It is good to hear what is happening. I am sorry it isn't good news, but I hope you know I am thinking of you guys. And Dot is beautiful. I am so happy she isn't in pain and the doctor shows a positive attitude towards your situation. It sounds like everything will be fine, but in the meantime know that I love you guys and think both of you are gorgeous and very strong women. Even with Dot being so young in age. You can just tell she has that Johnson ability to get through anything.

Hilary Cavanaugh said...

Aw....I love that picture of her and Leah! So cute, you guys are awesome!!!

Ashley said...

Yesss. You have a blog now. Maybe I should update mine...

Nah. :D